Increase college enrollment and completion among Latino youth who are first in their family to attend college by providing guidance and access to opportunity through education, advocacy, and collaboration.
We transform lives by making college dreams a reality for first generation students.
Our Impact 2012-2018
- 136 first-generation Latino U Scholars
- 99% of Scholars remain in college on track to graduate
- 93% enrolled in 4-year universities
- 60% enrolled in 4-year private universities
- 54% attending “most selective” to “very selective” institutions
- 57% pursuing a degree in STEM (engineering, computer science, biology, architecture, health science, and nursing)
The Latino U Scholars program matches a high-potential, low income student with a college coach throughout their senior year in high school for one-on-one support to ensure they maximize their opportunities and fulfill their potential. In addition we remain with our Scholars throughout their college years providing mentorship and helping them stay in college, develop their career skills and apply for internships.