Outcomes and Success
Since our launch, Latino U has had tremendous impact reaching thousands of students and parents eager to receive much needed information and guidance. Our bilingual, culturally-relevant programs focus on increasing Latino youth’s access to college resources and guiding them through the process from their senior year of high school until college graduation.
In four years, over 2,300 parents and students have attended our information sessions delivered in local high schools and community centers throughout the year.
Volunteer College Coaches and Near-Peer Mentors provide students with support and guidance applying and succeeding in college.
- 95% of students who participated in our volunteer college coach programs have successfully enrolled in and are attending 4 year private colleges.
- 100% of students attending 4 year private colleges received 75% to 100% financial aid and scholarship support.
- Our Latino U Scholars are now attending:
- Bates College, Binghamton University, Boston University, Cornell, Fordham, Iona, Mercy College, Pace, Princeton, NYU, Columbia, American University
Student workshops and prep sessions guide students by providing one-on-one student support.
From 2013-2016 we have assisted:
- 354 students with College Essay Writing and SAT/ACT Test Prep
- 441 students with the completion of FAFSA applications.